It seems that many people make New Year’s Resolutions. Some people will start a new diet or exercise program. But maybe your New Year’s Resolution is different…
Do You Want to Sell Your Home?
If you have been thinking about selling your home, you might be under the impression that waiting until spring has already sprung is the way to go. Many people think that selling a home after the holidays and during the Winter season is a bad idea.
I will admit that the month of December might not be the best time to put your home on the market. It seems that everyone is worrying about which list Santa is putting them on this year instead of thinking about buying a home.
And if you do put your home on the market, some buyers take this as a sign that you are desperate. They think that you will be offering the same type of crazy discounts that the big box retail stores are offering. Which means you might see offers that are much lower than list price. Probably even lower than reality or the current market value.
But Now That the Holidays are Over
I can tell you that web traffic drops right before Thanksgiving but starts picking right back up the first week of January. So while waiting until Spring seems like a good idea, there are advantages to selling your home now:
- Fewer homes on the market
- Buyers at this time of the year are more serious
Here Are Some Winter Time House Selling Tips:
- Price the house right!
- Make sure that you have all of the paperwork in order!
- Get your home a ready to make a great first impression!
- Winter can be dreary so make sure that your home has plenty of light.
- Be flexible with showings.
- Start getting ready to move by clearing out clutter and unwanted items NOW!