More easy things that help to sell a home…
Much of this is just good common sense, but many sellers overlook the simplest quick fixes and think about spending money when all they have to do is follow this quick, cheap and easy advice.
De-Clutter Your Upstate South Carolina Home
If you remove the extra stuff when selling a house or home, it can help to create the illusion of more space!
- Arrange your furniture to give each room a spacious a feeling.
- Consider removing furniture from rooms that are crowded.
- Store large furniture and accessories you aren’t using.
- Pack up collectibles to protect them and to give an un-cluttered look.
- Leave a few of the more tasteful collectables to provide a “homey look.”
- Give away, pack or sell unused items at your garage sale.
- Remove all clutter wherever you find it.
- Make it a daily habit to pickup clothing, shoes, & personal possessions.
- Remove off-season clothing from closets!
- Pack, sell or give away what you don’t use.
- Organize closets to demonstrate the most efficient use of space.
- Leave as few items on the floor or shelves as possible.
Clean Your Home Like Never Before
Every area of any home for sell requires close scrutiny. Each hour spent getting your home into showroom condition can pay big dividends.
- Clean all windows, inside and out. This helps make the house sparkle.
- Clean all wall-to-wall carpeting and area rugs.
- Clean and polish linoleum, tile and wooden floors.
- Clean and polish all woodwork as necessary.
- Pay particular attention to kitchen and bath sinks.
- Clean and polish all light fixtures.
- Control odors from cooking, cigarettes or pets. Some buyers are acutely sensitive to odors.
- Pay particular attention to pet odors.
You can use products like carpet deodorizers, air freshners and room deodorizers but the best strategy is to remove the source of the smell rather than cover it up.
- Have your carpets and upholstery cleaned.
- Dry-clean your drapes if you think they need it.
- Mildew odors are an area of great concern. If you smell mildew, find the source and clean it up.
- Don’t allow wet towels to accumulate in hampers or dirty laundry to pile up in closets.
Once offensive odors are identified and removed, consider adding delightful ones. Buyers have positive responses to certain smells. Cinnamon, fresh flowers, breads baking in the oven are all excellent ways to win over a buyer.